For info on the Coronavirus and Mental Health:
National Institute on Mental Health
For Online Support and Guidance:
- The Crisis Text Line is open 24/7 – text NAMI to 741741.
- If you are feeling stressed, anxious or depressed due to COVID-19, call the Disaster Mental Health Helpline at 1-877-289-HELP (4357) for emotional support and guidance.
- NJ Coronavirus Call Center is available 24/7 to answer your questions at 1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 24/7, 1-800-273-8255 (TALK), https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
For Online Support Group:
NAMI NJ: The following two groups are being offered online, using the Zoom platform: Groups will begin the week of March 23, 2020. To Register please go to: www.naming.org
NAMI Family Support Group is a 60 minute support group for adult friends and family members (18+) of people with mental health conditions. Participants gain support from peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes.
Tuesdays at 12 pm & Wednesdays at 7 pm.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a 60 minute support group for adults (18+) with a mental health condition. Participants gain the support of peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes.
Wednesdays at 12 pm & Wednesdays at 7 pm.
A Toolkit for Adolescents from an Adolescent (but pretty cool for the rest of us) Apps:
*Cannot be reached through online websites
- Insight Timer – An app that holds guided meditation, soothing music, and inspirational talks.
- Calm – A meditation app for anxiety, times of stress, depression, and sleeping troubles.
- Chill* – An app that will provide you with daily quotes and reminders that will bring you back to Earth.
- What’s Up* – Coping skills reminder and habit management app that aids in depression and anxiety.
- MoodTools* – A great way to organize yourself, your habits, and your solutions. Includes activities, a safety plan, and more.
- Mind Shift* – A place to keep your thoughts and get in depth help about CBT(cognitive behavioral therapy).
- Rise Up and Recover* – This app allows for meal logs that ask questions for every meal about emotions, behaviors, and thoughts.
Books and Journals:
- Depression: A Teen’s Guide to Survive and Thrive by Jacqueline B Toner, PHD, and Claire AB Freeland, PHD
- Project Semicolon: Your Story Isn’t Over by Amy Bleuel
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen’s Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic by Michael A Thompson and Katherine A Martinez
- Conquer Anxiety Workbook For Teens: Find Peace from Worry, Panic, Fear, and Phobias by Tabatha Chansard, PHD
- Life Without Ed by Jenni Schaefer
- Eating Disorders: The Journey to Recovery Workbook by Laura J Goodman and Mona Villapiano
Online Music Provided for the Coronavirus Crisis: #songsforcomfort